How to Replace the Engine Oil in a 4.5L Porsche Cayenne
NOTE: Engine oil should always be drained. Engine oil should never be extracted as particles of dirt may remain in the oil pan.
You will need:
Oil filter cap ring gasket
Drain plug washer
10 quarts of Porsche A40 approved spec synthetic oil
36 mm 6 or 12 point socket
10 mm socket
T30 Torx bit or driver
8 mm Hex bit
Minimum 12 quart capacity oil drain pan
1. Remove plastic engine skid plate guards
2. Loosen the 2 oil drain plugs and collect engine oil in a disposal container. Dispose of waste oil in accordance
with legal requirements.
3. Loosen oil filter with special tool oil filter spanner P 9204 and unscrew it.
4. Remove the oil filter housing vertically downwards. Drain the remaining oil into a disposal container.
5. Remove the filter element. Remove the filter downwards and dispose of in accordance with legal requirements.
6. Clean the oil filter housing and replace the O-ring seal. Clean the oil filter housing thoroughly inside and outside and replace the O-ring. Carefully lever off the O-ring. The oil filter housing must not be damaged during this procedure.
7. Install the filter element
8. Lightly oil the filter housing O-ring.
9. Install the oil filter housing and tighten using special tool oil filter spanner P 9204. Tightening torque: 19 ftlb.
10. Clean oil drain plugs and screw in with new aluminum sealing rings. Tightening torque: 37 ftlb.
11. Fill in engine oil. The oil change quantity is filling capacity: 8.75 liter .
12. Pull out oil dipstick and wipe it off with a clean, lint-free cloth. Insert oil dipstick again fully, pull it out again, and read off the oil level. Correct engine-oil level if necessary.
13. Sart up the engine. The oil pressure light should stay on for about a second or two and then go out. Take a quick look underneath the car. Verify that there’s no volume of oil seeping out of the engine. Take the car out for a drive and bring it up to operating temperature. Shut the car off and then recheck the oil level.
14. Reinstall plastic engine skid plate guards
Thank you for watching